Now that there are more chances to eat and drink in the outdoors (since some of the restrictions of quarantine have been lifted), let’s discuss serving CBD infused cocktails to your friends in the fresh summer air! Not only does adding CBD to a cocktail add extra zip to the drink (bartenders also feel CBD enhances the flavor), it has also been reported that CBD reduces the awful hangover that some people experience with alcohol.
At Scotch Valley Ranch Hemp, we wanted to introduce some easy-to-make summer cocktails that include CBD. Yes, adding CBD as an ingredient to mixed drinks can give provide a relaxing & calming effect that does not give you a “high” effect that you get with THC. People who have tried CBD infused cocktails have noticed that they may have a sense of euphoria or a calming effect without feeling anxious.
Our List of Summer CBD Cocktails
Whether you’re looking to relax and unwind at home, or you’re hosting a social distancing gathering outside, a refreshing summer drink should be at hand! Here is our list of the best summer CBD cocktail recipes to cool you off this summer.
Lemon Berry CBD Cocktail
Tiffany, Whatcha Cooking Good Looking?
Description: This vodka-heavy cocktail features three different Smirnoff flavors – cherry, sweet raspberry, and citrus flavors. These flavors, combined with lemon to garnish make this cocktail tart, yet refreshing.
- 2–3 oz. Smirnoff Red, White, and Berry Vodka
- 3–4 oz. Simply Strawberry or Raspberry Lemonade
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Combine the Vodka, Lemonade (according to taste), and ice into the end product glass.
- Pour into a shaker. Put the top on and shake vigorously (see notes above).
- Pour the contents back into the glass. Top with lemon slice. Enjoy!
Classic CBD Aperol Spritz
Jessica, Cooking My Dreams
A classic drink, served in a wine glass – and a great summer drink.
- 90 ml (3 oz) Prosecco
- 60 ml (2 oz) Aperol
- a splash of Club Soda
- 1-2 slices Orange
- In a large wine glass, add the ice cubes up to almost half glass.
- Add the Prosecco and Aperol to the glass. Mix lightly.
- Finish with a splash of club soda and garnish with orange slices.
CBD Strawberry Basil Gin Rickey
Blakely, Gourmet with Blakely
A spin off of the traditional Gin Rickey, the Strawberry Basil Gin Rickey provides flare and flavor. The strawberry basil simple syrup is a welcomed addition to the cocktail and a refreshing taste of summer.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 inch piece of cucumber, cut into pieces
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz Gin of choice
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Club Soda
- The first thing you want to do is make the simple syrup. In a pan over medium high heat add in the water, sugar, strawberries, and basil. Let it come up to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- To make the cocktail add the chopped cucumber into the shaker. Muddle the cucumber until all of the juices release.
- Add in the gin, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice. Shake until chilled
- Strain into a class filled with crushed ice and top with club soda
- Garnish with a lime slice and you’re ready to enjoy a delicious cocktail!
CBD Cucumber Basil Smash
Katie, Garnish Blog
The combination of cucumber and basil creates a unexpectedly brilliant taste, and when added with lemon juice, the three ingredients come together perfectly.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 3 slices cucumber
- 6 basil leaves
- Combine cucumber, basil, and simple syrup at the bottom of a shaker and muddle gently to bruise the basil and release juice from the cucumber.
- Add vodka and lemon juice and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake until chilled and strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cucumber slice and a basil flower.
CBD Mint Julep
Susan, Simply Sundays
A classic, the Mint Julep is a great choice to beat the heat this summer. The mint simple syrup adds a cool and refreshing sensation to help the bourbon go down smooth.
- For the mint simple syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- Fresh mint leaves
- For the cocktail:
- Fresh mint
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- 1/2 – 1-ounce mint simple syrup depending upon your sweetness preference
- Crushed ice
- Combine equal amounts of water and sugar to a small saucepan. Add in a handful of fresh mint leaves. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Let steep for about 10 minutes, pour into a jar and chill in the fridge
- Add some crushed ice into a cocktail shaker and a lot of fresh mint. Mash (muddle) the mint into the ice until broken apart.
- Add in 2 ounces of bourbon and 1/2 to 1 ounce of the mint simple syrup, depending upon your desired level of sweetness to the shaker and top with more crushed ice.
- Shake for about 30 seconds and pour into a glass filled with more crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
How to Add CBD Hemp Flower to Mixed Drinks
To add CBD to mixed drinks from Hemp Flower, you’ll need to know how to decarb. The process of decarbing CBD from hemp flower will help get the full effect of CBD, by extracting CBD from the hemp flower. Once the CBD is extracted it can be added to the cocktail.
Relax With a CBD Cocktail This Summer
We know that this summer isn’t a normal summer, but you can still relax in the comfort of your home! We hope you can make and enjoy one of our featured CBD cocktail recipes this summer.
At Scotch Valley Ranch Hemp, we sell CBD hemp flower online available for purchase! We have great strains including Cherry Wine, Suver Haze, and Rogue that all have different tastes and effects. See our full list of CBD hemp flower strains!