It finally feels like summer!! Time for sharing relaxing summer drinks by the lake, pool, porch or your own backyard. When you add CBD you get a refreshing drink that will help you destress and unwind without leaving you groggy.
Carlene Thomas, RDN, whom you may have seen on TV (CNN) or online (GOOP), has written a wonderful book: CBD Drinks for Health: 100 CBD Oil-Infused Smoothies, Tonics, Juices & More for Total Mind & Body Wellness. To inspire your CBD mixology, her creative recipes are paired with attractive photographs of the finished drink:
- CBD cocktails and mocktails for the sober curious
- CBD smoothies and juices
- CBD lattes and teas
- CBD tonics and spritzers
To help you stay slim all summer long, Thomas includes serving counts for each recipe, including calories, fat, protein, sodium, fiber, carbohydrates, and sugar.
Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie
Yields: Two servings
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon acai powder
- 1 medium pre-cooked peeled beet
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ small peeled frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 30 milligrams Scotch Valley Ranch DECOMPRESS, or two full droppers
- Add pomegranate juice, acai powder, beet, blueberries, raspberries and banana to a small blender.
- Start blender on low and increase to high for one minute until smooth.
- Add CBD and blend on low for 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
Cantaloupe Grapefruit Spritzer
Yield: Two servings
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 medium peeled grapefruit
- 1 ounce CBD simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 6 star anise pods, divided
- Crushed ice, for serving
- ⅓ cup club soda
- Juice cantaloupe and grapefruit.
- Add CBD simple syrup and four star anise pods to a small microwave-safe dish. Microwave about 25 seconds on medium power.
- Cool star anise syrup for five minutes, then strain and add syrup to juice. Stir to complete.
- Pour equally into two cups filled with crushed ice, then top each glass with equal amounts club soda. Stir gently.
- Garnish each glass with one star anise pod.
Yield: 1 serving
- ½ cup ice cubes, for serving
- 1-½ ounces gin
- ½ ounce Italicus Bergamot Liqueur
- ½ ounce CBD Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- 4 ounces dry sparkling wine
- 1 lavender sprig for garnish
- In a mixing glass or the base of a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes, gin, Italicus, and CBD Simple Syrup
- Stir with a bar spoon for 20 seconds to chill.
- Pour into a champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with lavender sprig. Serve immediately.
CBD Simple Syrup
Yield: 24 ½-ounce servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 360 milligrams Scotch Valley Ranch DECOMPRESS, or about 20 full droppers
- Add water and sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat
- Stur mixture occasionally with a spoon until sugar fully dissolved (about seven minutes)
- Once sugar dissolves, heat for an additional three minutes
- Remove simple syrup from heat and cool for 10 minutes
- Add CBD and stir
- Store in a sealed container, like a squeeze bottle, in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. Stir or shake before using.
Scotch Valley Ranch is a hemp flower farmer located in Hobart NY. We produce our own line of tinctures for better rest and calm, CBD creams to reduce aches and discomfort, and, of course, premium CBD-rich hemp flower.